What are Some Typical Website Updates?
Overall Site Improvements:
Your website’s most reliable performance appraisal is the one you receive from customers visiting your site. Questions, comments, complaints, and suggestions generated from site visitors provide indispensable feedback to improve your site. With website maintenance, you can use these suggestions to enhance your site and your online performance.
New products and services will need to be added, prices will change, and old products and services will need to be removed. By keeping your products and services up-to-date with website maintenance, you leverage your online business above the competition.
By offering special promotions, discount programs, and more, you keep your online business competitive. Short-term and long-term sales initiatives will require updates to your site. Routine website maintenance enables you to strengthen your sales with unique offers for your ecommerce store.
With ever-evolving technologies, a website begins to look and act old if the interactive components are not consistently updated. If your site’s development pieces are not working at top levels on all browsers, you’ll lose customers and weaken your online reputation. Website maintenance fine-tunes your site to ensure your website interactivity is working properly. The successful interactivity of your website will help to market your products and services while capturing new clients.
What’s Included in the Website Maintenance Plans?
Website Maintenance Plans include all the standard updates necessary to maintain a website.
Examples of services included in the website maintenance plans include*:
· Text: Additions or deletions
· Photos: Additions, deletions and basic retouching
· Webpages: Additions or deletions using existing webpage design
· Navigation: Basic navigational changes (add, move or delete an item in the navigation)
· File Downloads: Additions or deletions of PDFs and other documents
· Videos: Insertion or deletion of pre-edited video
· Links: Additions or deletions
· Color and Background Images: Changes/replacements
· Flash: Text-only changes and basic photo replacement in Flash animation
· Forms: Dynamic form layout and integration (limited to forms not requiring database integration, such as a Contact Us form)
· All Standard Support: Help with e-mail set-up, etc.
*Please note: this list is an example of the services included in the website maintenance plans. This is not a complete list.